AGM FOR START/STOP VEHICLES WITH MAXIMUM ENERGY REQUIREMENTS
By 2018, over 70 per cent of all new vehicles will be fitted with an engine start/stop function, in order toachieve the CO2 limitation targets set by the EU by means of sustained fuel consumption savings and emission reductions. In general, two differing starter battery types are used in these environment-friendly vehicles consisting of the absorbent glass mat (AGM) and the enhanced flooded battery (EFB) systems. The use of the appropriate technology depends largely on the fuel and CO2 savings that can be attained. The AGM technology is employed for start/stop systems with maximum energy requirements and braking energy recuperation. Within this context, in particular the Running Bull AGM constitutes the optimum solution for mid-range to premium and luxury class vehicles.
- Valve-regulated AGM battery (VRLA)
- Range of 5 types with capacities from 60-105Ah
- Leak-proof due to electrolyte bonding into an absorbent glass mat
- Zero maintenance due to recombination technology
- Installation in a lateral position possible (max. 90° angle)
EFB FOR START/STOP VEHICLES WITH
HIGH ENERGY REQUIREMENTS
EFB technology is used mainly in mid-range and small cars with simple start/stop systems, but without
energy recuperation. In the coming years, this type of cycle-resistant starter battery will be used with growing frequency for Original Equipment Manufacturer.
+ Banner tip! A Running Bull EFB battery can be upgraded to a more powerful and cycle-resistant
Running Bull AGM battery in H5/L2 (60Ah), H6/L3 (70Ah) and H7/L4 (80Ah) boxes. Please contact your
Banner customer advisor..
- Range of 11 types with capacities from 38-95Ah
- Glass fleece cover on the separator and special active mass composition
- Double lid for maximum protection against leaks and operational safety
- Measures to reduce acid stratification and improve charge absorption
- Zero maintenance due to modern calcium/calcium mesh technology